Field Artillery Basic Officer Leader Course Instructors are responsible for the education and certification of 60 Army Field Artillery Officers per cycle (5 months) in Fire Support at the Observer level up to Company Fire Support Officer duties with a familiarization of the Battalion Fire Support Element. Instructors will teach the students how to plan fire support utilizing technical and tactical skills, fire support equipment, maneuver and joint services knowledge, how to plan, coordinate, and execute fire support, and develop a Lieutenant ready to lead a small, highly lethal team in support of maneuver elements. Instruction and training are conducted in classroom, simulated, and field environments through hands-on and practical application with supervision.
Duties will include:
- Follow the government provided Program of Instruction (POI) and prepare to teach to standard the contents of each POI. This includes ensuring class begins and ends on time IAW the government approved schedule.
- Ensure all required resources are on hand and in good working condition NLT 15 minutes prior to beginning of scheduled training.
- Evaluate students on their assigned subject matter under classroom, simulated, and field conditions.
- Maintain competence at the assigned position, which requires continual self-education on emerging technological advances in Field Artillery capabilities and updates to doctrine.
- Analyze individual and class academic duty performance, and provide recommendations for improvement to the department branch chief concerning course materials, methods of instruction, and performance evaluation when requested.
- Design and develop objectives, test items, lesson material, lesson plans, and other training materials.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Minimum of five (5) years of Field Artillery experience and served in one of the following assignments within the U.S. Army or USMC:
- FABOLC Fire Support: Battalion / Brigade / Regimental Fire Support Officer / NCO
- Common Faculty Development Instructor Course (CFD-IC) Certification desired, but not required
- Proof of training and/or experience to include ABIC can be from any or a combination of the following:
- DD Form 214
- Officer Records Brief (ORB)
- Enlisted Records Brief (ERB)
- Officer Evaluation Report (OER)
- Noncommissioned Officer Evaluation Report (NCOER)
Place of Performance
Fort Sill, OK
To Apply For This Position
Use the following link to apply: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3684693
At LHG, we offer our employees a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits package features:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid short/long term disability
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) (up to 3% matching)
- Other company perks
The Loch Harbour Group is an equal opportunity employer, all interested qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, D/M/V/F. LHG welcomes and encourages diversity in the workforce.