The Loch Harbour Group is seeking a Electronic Security Specialist to review construction design documents and perform inspections of U.S. Department of State (DoS) facilities worldwide to ensure Technical Security System (TSS) installations meet or exceed DoS and OSPB standards and requirements. Foreign travel is required for this position.
- Review and interpret site technical security design drawings, specifications and requirements to ensure that planned work complies with DS applicable standards/requirements. Coordinate inspection services and schedules with various federal government representatives and contractors. There will be extensive interaction with government staff and contractors when carrying out inspections in the field
- Analyze problems and oversee the layout of TSS installations by performing technical security quality inspections
- Prepare detailed standardized, concise and objective reports of design review/inspection findings based on DS applicable standards/requirements and maintain electronic databases.
- Review technical documents and provide structured feedback relevant to industry standard installation practices and standards, compliance with client requirements, etc
- Provide verbal and written advice to government clients on specific issues regarding compliance with applicable technical security standards/requirements
- Provide technical expertise for project proposals and for the development of actionable performance measures, metrics, and standard operating procedures
- Work with other contractor staff to develop design compliance performance measures and participate in root cause analysis of design compliance problems
- Attend DoS and inter-bureau collaborative working groups as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on DoS TSS installation requirements, design review and inspection processes
Minimum Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or 7+ years of relevant security systems experience in lieu of degree
- TSS Certifications or Skills with design, installation and maintenance in the following:
- Alarm/Intrusion Detection Systems
- Access Control/Automated Access Control Systems
- Door Control Systems
- CCTV Systems
- Emergency/Mass Notification Systems
- Hands-on experience installing and operating CCTV, intrusion detection, access control, emergency notification systems and related power systems is required.
- Experience with LAN/Network protocols for IP based Technical Security Systems.
- Experience working with, testing and inspecting low, medium and high voltage equipment such as distribution panels, bypass switches, voltage regulators and UPS’s in accordance with NEC requirements
- Ability to assess security system compliance with standards and prepare detailed reports on inspection/design review findings in accordance with client requirements
- General understanding of building and construction materials, practices and procedures
- Practical knowledge of building codes, practices, etc. governing construction projects
- Practical knowledge of engineering principles to include: measurements, scales, calculations, estimates, principles and techniques
- Proven ability to read, interpret, and evaluate Architectural and Engineering construction drawings that include security system installations
- Proficient written/verbal communication skills maintaining professional working relationships with a wide variety of government and contractor staff
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio & Outlook).
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Bluebeam and SharePoint
- DoS TSS Installation, Design, Maintenance and Trouble Shooting
- Commercial TSS Installation, Design, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
Place of Performance
To Apply For This Position
Use the following link to apply: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3336856
At LHG, we offer our employees a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits package features:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid short/long term disability
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- 401(k) (up to 3% matching)
- Other company perks
The Loch Harbour Group is an equal opportunity employer, all interested qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, D/M/V/F. LHG welcomes and encourages diversity in the workforce.